The procedure involves using an instrument that lets you attach different-sized cartridges of tiny needles to the end of a pen. After numbing the client we use the pen to cause tiny punctures to the treatment area in the first layer of the skin. The holes from the needles create “microchannels” that allow skincare products and serums to penetrate deeper into the skin, which in turn gives us even better results. We usually use stem cell serums to help the skin heal back to optimal condition.
Microneedling is considered safe for all skin types; oily, dry, sensitive, and different tones of skin.
BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLING
- Improves the signs of aging from fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks and can improve or eliminate hyperpigmentation.
- Can be used on several parts of the body and face.
- Can be used on burn scars
- Sun damage
- Sagging skin
- Helps reduce the appearance of large pores
- Dark circles and under-eye bags
- Hair loss my stimulating the scalp and use of serums that help with hair growth
- Bring your printed and signed consent form to the treatment.
- Bring a hat for post-procedure.
- No autoimmune therapies or products prior to treatment.
- Avoid all retinoid/Retin-A products, topical antibiotics, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to treatment.
- No exfoliants, acids, or any drying products should be used 24 hours prior to treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the area being treated 24 hours prior to treatment. Sunburned skin cannot be micro needled.
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis 7 days prior to the procedure.
- No shaving on the day of the procedure.
- On the day of the procedure, no makeup should be applied and the client should come with a cleansed face.
- If the client has a history of cold sores medication or preventative measure should be prescribed and taken 2 days prior to treatment. (L-Lysine works great for most people). If an active breakout occurs client should reschedule as with any illness.
- To decreased the risk of bruising, the client should avoid excessive alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, fish oils, and vitamin E 5-7 days prior to treatment unless recommended by a physician.
- Bring a dr note.
WHAT TO EXPECT POST TREATMENT
Healing time depends on the individual. It will depend on the depth of the needles used, the number of overlapping passes, and the cartridge was chosen.
Most clients will experience redness and mild swelling like a bad sunburn.
Some may have small areas of pinpoint bleeding and even some bruising. These effects will last around 24-48 hrs. Redness usually subsides within a few hours, but for best results please refrain from applying makeup for 24 hours.
Minor peeling and flakiness are common for a few days and it is recommended to keep a good moisturizer and sunscreen on. It’s important not to pick and to stay out of direct sunlight.
Within 1-2 weeks skin will look smoother and more radiant.
As the body produces more collagen the full effects of the procedure will be apparent (4-6 weeks). The new collagen will last for several years, which is why micro needling is considered a long-term lasting treatment.
NEEDLE LESS FILLER (Hyaluron Pen)
Ideal for clients that are frightened or uncomfortable with needles, this pain-free treatment is less invasive and fast, and allows clients to plump and fill their lips, fine lines, and wrinkles. Treatment areas include: lips, nasolabial lines, marionette lines, 11 lines, forehead wrinkles
Perfect for lip augmentations and reducing wrinkles.