The procedure involves using an instrument that lets you attach different sized cartridges of tiny needles on the end of a pen. After numbing the client we use the pen to cause tiny punctures to the treatment area in the first layer of the skin. This triggers our rejuvenation system to produce collagen, which is lost when aging. Once our body starts producing collagen we will see improvement in the skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles will be reduced in appearance. The holes from the needles create “micro channels” that allow skin care products and serums to penetrate deeper into the skin, which in turn gives us even better results. We usually use stem cell serums to help the skin heal back to optimal condition.
Microneedling is considered safe for all skin types; oily, dry, sensitive and different tones of skin.
Benefits of Microneedling
- Improves the signs of aging from fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks and can improve or eliminate hyperpigmentation.
- Can be used on several parts of the body and face.
- Can be used on burn scars
- Sun damage
- Sagging skin
- Helps reduce the appearance of large pores
- Dark circles and under eye bags
- Hair loss my stimulating the scalp and use of serums that help with hair growth
More info on the treatment:
We mainly utilize cartridges that range between 12-42 needles. Less needles mean higher diameter of each needle and more aggressive treatment. Nano needles are used when doing weekly treatments. More aggressive needles can be used monthly. We adjust the depth depending on the area being treated.
- Bring your printed and signed consent form to the treatment.
- Bring a hat for post procedure.
- No autoimmune therapies or products prior to treatment. Also bring a dr note.
- Avoid all retinoid/retin-A products, topical antibiotics, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to treatment.
- No exfoliants, acids or any drying products should be used 24 hours prior to treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the area being treated 24 hours prior to treatment. Sunburned skin cannot be microneedled.
- No waxing, depilitory creams or electrolysis 7 days prior to procedure.
- No shaving the day of procedure.
- On the day of procedure no makeup should be applied and client should come with a cleansed face.
- If client has a history of cold sores medication or preventative measure should be prescribed and taken 2 days prior to treatment. (L-Lysine works great for most people). If active breakout occurs client should reschedule as with any illness.
- To decreased risk of bruising, the client should avoid excessive alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofin, garlic, ginkgo biloba, fish oils, and vitamin E 5-7 days prior to treatment unless recommended by a physician.
What to expect post treatment
Healing time depends on the individual. It will depend on the depth of the needles used, number of overlapping passes and cartridge chosen. Most clients will experience redness and mild swelling like a bad sunburn. Some may have small areas of pinpoint bleeding and even some bruising. These effects will last around 24-48 hrs. Redness usually subsides within a few hours, but for best results please refrain from applying makeup for 24 hours. Minor peeling and flakiness is common for a few days and it is recommended to keep a good moisturizer and sunscreen on. It’s important not to pick and to stay out of direct sunlight. Within 1-2 weeks skin will look smoother and more radiant. As the body produces more collagen the full effects of the procedure will be apparent (4-6 weeks). The new collagen will last for several years, which is why microneedling is considered a long term lasting treatment.
Needle Less Filler (Hyaluron Pen)
“Ideal for clients that are frightened or uncomfortable with needles, this pain free treatment is less invasive and fast, and allows clients to plump and fill their lips, fine lines and wrinkles. Treatment areas include: lips, nasolabial lines, marionette lines, 11 lines, forehead wrinkles
Perfect for lip augmentations and reducing wrinkles.“